Expert guidance: commentary on meditation sitting
Yoga sitting position is the best posture to practice meditation.
The ancient yogis noticed that when yogis practice meditation that is characterized by contemplative introspection, the vital energy that lives in the spine needs to flow unimpeded between the spine end and the brain.The spine is straight.
And when the mind of the meditator is concentrated on a fixed point, it must not be disturbed by any movement, so the positions of the legs should not be moved frequently.
In addition, since the practice of meditation is often prolonged, the body and head need to be continuously stable.
As a result, various yoga sitting positions have become the product of such requirements.
Yoga sitting position is a very important preparation before practicing meditation and meditation. It should be noted that the yoga sitting position must be maintained in a relaxed and unforced manner, try to keep the body and mind quiet and peaceful, and focus on one point.
This book introduces the best sitting, thunderbolt sitting, and lotus sitting are more advanced Yuga sitting postures, while others are relatively simple, suitable for beginners.
These sitting postures can greatly help with weight gain, ankle and foot complications and flexibility.
[Simple sitting]This is the simplest sitting style, suitable for beginners to practice yoga movements and meditation.
You can step into this sitting position slightly according to your situation (for example, if one of you stepped on an injury.
Then when you sit down, you can straighten one leg. * Posture: Sit on the ground; stretch your legs forward and breathe naturally.
Cross your legs, press your left foot under your right leg, press your right foot under your left leg, straighten your spine, and tighten your jaw (pictured).
* Practice essentials: During the sitting process, the head, neck and torso should be kept in a straight line.
* Exercise effect: This sitting position is beneficial to the health of joints such as thighs and reduction, and enhances the function of the nervous system.
[Lotus seat]The lotus seat is the oldest yoga pose. It is the cornerstone of various poses. Its method is similar to that of sitting meditation.
* Position description: Sit with your legs straight on the ground, hold the right neck with both hands, place your right leg on your left thigh, and your feet facing up.
Hold the left ankle neck with both hands and place the left leg on the right thigh with the soles of the feet facing up.
Straighten your back, tighten your chin, and keep the apex and the navel in a straight line. After completing the lotus position, breathe naturally and quietly until your heart is calm (this way).
* Practice essentials: practice this posture, do not avoid floating.
* Exercise effect: The lotus position increases blood supply to the head and chest area, strengthens the nervous system, eliminates tension and restlessness, makes the body peaceful and mentally focused.
[Half lotus position]* Posture description: Sit on the ground with your legs straight forward.
The right leg is bent, the floor of the right foot reports the position of the inner thigh of the left thigh, and the sole of the foot is facing upward.
Bend your left leg and place your left foot on top of your right thigh. This is the half lotus position (see below).
* Exercise essentials: Straighten the back, adduct the lower jaw; keep the head, neck and main axis in a straight line.
* Practice effect: The half lotus position has the same effect as the lotus position, but with a lesser degree.
[Lightning Sit]* Lightning Sit is an introductory position for other yoga poses, and it must be practiced frequently to achieve proficiency.
Kneel on both knees with the heels separated and the toes of the two feet touching slightly, but not overlapping.
Sit on the front of the feet and place the palms down, inserting the thighs.
After completing the thunderbolt, breathe naturally and focus on the tip of the nose (pictured: front and back).
* Exercise essentials: When you sit down, relax your shoulders and straighten your back. This will relieve the pressure on your legs and prevent your legs from getting numb.
* Exercise effect: Thunderbolt can flex knee joints and eliminate aunts with excessive body.
In addition, the whole body is relaxed; it can keep the heart calm and help to treat nervousness and insomnia.
[Best Sit]As the name suggests, this is the best posture in yoga.
Yoga believes that perfect sitting promotes the clearing of the body’s meridians; it is conducive to the improvement of the vitality of life.
* Position description: sit with your legs straight on the ground, with your hands near your back.
Bend the left calf, and use both hands to help the left heel firmly against the perineum, and the bottom of the left foot plate should be close to the right thigh.
Bend your right calf and place your right foot over your left bare foot.
The right heel is near the pubic bone, and the right foot is placed on the calf of the left leg.Put your hands on the top naturally, close your eyes, and start imagining inward. At the same time, stare at the tip of the nose to both eyes and keep this position for a long time (see below).
Let your feet go straight and take a break.
Swap your legs and redo the exercise.
* Exercise essentials: Keep your upper body and torso straight during the whole process.
* Practice effect: Perfect sitting has important effects on both sides of the limb.
Physically speaking, perfect sitting promotes blood circulation in the lower body, strengthens the lower half of the spine and abdominal organs, and activates both knees and limbs.
From a spiritual perspective, it has a calming and sobering effect, and is especially suitable for breathing exercises and meditation exercises.
In addition, because it exerts pressure on the perineal area, it can direct sexual impulse upwards, which is extremely useful in the practice of improving the vitality of life.
* Note: People with sciatica or sacral infection should not use this sitting position.
[Auspicious sitting]* Position description: Sit on the ground, straighten your feet forward, put your hands on top and bend your left calf, put the bottom of your left foot against your right thigh, and put your right foot on the left calf’s belly.Toe claws are wedged into the two elbow sockets, with both hands on both knees (pictured).
* Exercise essentials: Apart from auspicious sitting, the rest of the details are exactly the same as the perfect sitting.
* Practice effect: The effect of auspicious sitting is roughly the same as that of perfect sitting, but it cannot guide upward momentum, and its role in calming tranquility is slightly inferior to that of perfect sitting.
* Precautions: As with the best sitting, it is not advisable to include sciatica or muscle infection.
[Position of the hand]* The posture of the hand is specially designed to accumulate energy in the body. The posture of the hand is a closed alternating shape so that energy can circulate in the body.
Place your hands on your knees or thighs and relax your elbows back and forth on both sides of your body.
Choose one of the following two postures: hold your right hand with your left hand (A); place your two hands on your thighs or align them with your palms down;With your palms facing upwards, your thumbs and forefingers are brought together (B).